Head of Accountancy Practice
Are you a finance professional looking for a broad-ranging role that also creates social value? We are looking for a Head of Accountancy Practice who is able to support a portfolio of social enterprises, charities and purpose-led businesses with all their financial compliance needs.
Leading the Accountancy Practice division of Adding Value, you will use your accountancy experience to ensure that all our clients remain compliant with financial regulations. Working with and supporting the Practice Accountant, this will primarily involve reviewing and submitting the annual accounts and tax returns for over 50 small businesses. You will also undertake the Independent Examination of Accounts for over 15 charities, as well as advise on technical accountancy matters to the whole Adding Value team.
This is a part-time role for between 1 and 2 days per week. For the right candidate, this role could be combined with elements of the Finance Business Partner role we are also currently advertising.
- Preparation, review and timely submission of annual accounts and tax returns in line with regulatory standards
- Completion of Independent Examinations of Accounts, following the Charities Commission guidance. Undertake evidence checks, prepare the accounts, present them to boards and sign them off as the independent examiner
- Work with organisational stakeholders at all levels: board, leadership teams, and finance staff, to improve financial controls, systems and processes
- Line management of the Practice Accountant
- Review the work of the Practice Accountant in preparing the annual accounts and corporation tax returns and self-assessment tax returns
- Provide coaching, mentoring and line management support to the Practice Accountant
- Provide technical accountancy expertise to the whole Adding Value team, typically on tax issues and compliance issues
- Line management of the Payroll Manager and the payroll function.
- Qualified Accountant, ideally with a Practicing Certificate
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, able to work with a broad range of clients and colleagues
- Ability to work autonomously and problem-solve
- Knowledge of what a strong financial controls environment should look like
- We are Xero partners and seek to be at the forefront of the digitalisation agenda. Experience of cloud accounting and IT adaptability advantageous
- Ability to work with others to distribute tasks and delegate responsibilities as required
- Ability to coach and train others
- A positive attitude, willing to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- The ability to understand, challenge and support the decision-making of values-led organisations, where mission-led outcomes balance with financial goals.
- Leading and managing within the Adding Value Consultancy team, influencing how the business develops and grows.
Adding Value Consultancy Ltd is a financial management consultancy and accountancy practice with a difference. Our purpose is to help the social economy to thrive, and we do this by providing our professional finance skills to charities, social enterprises, and other purpose-led organisations where social impact and environmental sustainability are as valued as financial success. We continue to see strong demand for our services and therefore we are looking to grow our team of 16 staff.
Our office is in the historic Bluecoat building in central Liverpool and we operate a hybrid model mixing working from home with collaboration time in the office. We pride ourselves on being an approachable and flexible employer that supports our collaborative team approach, focused on outputs and outcomes rather than inputs.
Why join Adding Value?
- Flexible hours
- Roles can be full time or part time
- Hybrid working tailored to your circumstances and role, mixing focus time working from home with collaboration time in the office or at client site.
- Our office is in the beautiful and historic Bluecoat building, right in the centre of Liverpool
- Upskilling and continuous learning
- Everyone has a personal development plan
- Study support
- Casual dress
- Team social events
- Your birthday off, plus the option to buy and sell holidays
- A collaborative team approach, where your voice and ideas will be heard
- We focus on outputs and outcomes rather than inputs
Join our team
Are you a finance professional looking for a role that also creates social value?
We are always on the lookout for talented accountants and bookkeepers to join our growing team.