Meet the Client
Unity Theatre is a theatre and arts organisation in Liverpool offering captivating performances, online training and exclusive content. As its name suggests, the theatre unites Liverpool locals through the magic of the arts.
Previously the accounting had been managed by a single member of internal staff. Without the help of a management accountant, the theatre’s management and trustees found the accounting records hard to understand. Similarly, without the help of a systems accountant, finance processes had also not been brought up-to-date, which had a significant impact on Unity’s other financial and administrative practices.
How Adding Value Helped
We put our best accountants forward to help bring Unity Theatre up to speed. The collective expertise of our team meant that we were able to completely modernise Unity’s financial system.
- Produced more financial reports that empowered budget holders to make better decisions
- Provided board reports that allowed the board to have more visibility and assurance
- Carried out training for budget holders on managing their budget
- Introduced Soldo cards to improve their payment process and make sign-off expenditure easier
- Switched their financial system from Sage to Xero, saving them over £1,000 a year
Unity’s financial process and reporting is now smoother than ever. By outsourcing support from Adding Value, Unity Theatre is able to make the most of their resources – which is crucial for arts organisations as they often lack enough funding to have complete financial security. With the addition of our reporting, the team at Unity Theatre has a confident understanding of their finances.
Adding Value went above and beyond to make sure our financial systems now function the best they can. Their collaborative approach ensured for clear communication throughout working with us. Thanks to Adding Value, there is far greater assurance at management and trustee level that good financial practice is in place.Gordon Millar – CEO/Artistic Director