Meet the Client
The Positivitree is a non-profit social enterprise that improves the well-being of families with children who have additional health or care needs. Their parent-led wellbeing movement empowers parents and carers to become the strongest and most capable version of themselves. Through workshops, online support, social groups and classes, The Positivitree provides much-needed care to the families of Merseyside.
As a small non-profit business, The Positivitree was finding it difficult to organise their first year’s accounts. Their accounts system was in desperate need of being modernised – receipts and invoices were still being produced as hard copies and the record systems were poorly organised.
How Adding Value helped
After an initial consultation, The Positivitree was allocated one of our brilliant accountants who were able to organise their first year’s accounts. As well as this, Adding Value:
- Introduced an easy to manage electronic finance system, allowing The Positivitree to quickly and easily pull reports for their trustees and funders
- Is managing their Payroll for them
- Introduced XERO as accounting software, creating a shared inbox where all purchase invoices can be accessed
- Is currently doing a self assessment tax return for their Director
- Has been managing their corporation tax position
- Helps The Positivitree with their end of year reporting, allowing them to recognise the income from grants in the correct financial year.
The team now has a clearer picture of their financial position, an easier invoicing and reporting system and better communication around finances. The integration of the new finance system has also led to their senior management system having more time. They can now focus on business development, operational projects and strategy.
Before working with Adding Value, our accounts were a mess! They were able to transform our accounts system whilst keeping it easy for us to understand. Communication from all Adding Value staff has been professional and simple, which is important as we don’t have any internal finance expertise.Rachel Daley, Director